Commercial Truck Accident
Semi-trucks are all over our crowded roads in the Las Vegas Valley. Much of the products and raw materials we need are delivered here by commercial trucks. As a transportation hub for several large trucking companies, it is no surprise that there is a heightened risk for commercial truck accidents.
The unfortunate truth about semi-truck accidents is that our clients often sustain traumatic or fatal injuries as a result of the truck driver and/or the trucking company’s negligence.
Semi-Truck Accidents in Las Vegas
A collision with a semi-truck is unlike any other type of accident claim or personal injury case. When the truck is at fault, it is generally either negligence or a failure on the part of:
- The Driver – The Driver has the primary responsibility to operate a commercial truck in a safe manner. When an accident happens, the first focus is on the driver. Did they drive in an unsafe manner?
- The Trucking Company – Does the company have the proper safety procedures in place? Are they taking proper care of their drivers? Are they loading trucks in a safe manner? These are some of the ways that the trucking company can be responsible for an accident.
- Vehicle Maintenance Company – With the miles and wear and tear commercial trucks endure, they need to be regularly maintained. If these standards are not maintained, the vehicle may fail and cause an accident.
Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents
Semi-truck drivers are under constant pressure to meet time deadlines, and in a business where time is money, a driver’s lack of adequate rest may lead to sleep deprivation. A drowsy trucker that doesn’t take the mandated breaks can be a fatal cause of any serious semi-truck accident. (Drowsy driving is a growing problem among the trucking community, and it’s yet another reason you have to remain on constant alert while in the presence of semi-trucks on the road).
There are many causes of commercial truck accident injuries. A few common ones are:
- Driver Fatigue
- Impaired Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Aggressive Driving, Speeding or Following Too Close
- Failure to Yield or Signal
- Poor Cargo Loading
- Improper Vehicle or Tire maintenance
- Brake Failure
Insurance policies for semi-trucks are often written for hundreds of thousands if not a million dollars. Given the dollars involved, the insurance company will aggressively defend these cases and do whatever they can to limit their liability.
Hale Injury Law Can Help
Our experienced attorneys possess the knowledge and first hand experience required to take control of your case. We work hard to help our clients get the maximum compensation for commercial truck driver negligence. In addition to receiving executive treatment, our experience handling semi-truck accident claims will be critical to your case. This includes our knowledge of the special laws regulating semi-trucks and their drivers, as well as our ability to locate the potential for “multiple policies”.
We are able to properly survey a trucking accident scene, secure proper holds on the vehicles involved, and re-create the collision by working closely with reconstruction experts.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a semi-truck or commercial trucking accident, contact a trusted Las Vegas lawyer. Contact Hale Injury Law right away.