Losing a loved one is painful. The pain may be greater when someone else’s intentional, negligent, or outright reckless acts caused the death. The victim’s family deserves justice and at Hale Injury Law we bring our experience both in and out of the courtroom to help you get it.
Wrongful Death in Las Vegas Nevada
Wrongful death is a death that has been caused by the fault of another person. For example, deaths caused by drunk driving, a dangerous or defective product, the construction of an unsound structure or building, nursing home negligence, or a medical malpractice may be considered “wrongful death” under the law.
If your family has recently lost a loved one as a result of someone else’s negligence, it is best to contact a wrongful death attorney to discuss your legal rights.
At Hale Injury Law, we handle these special cases with discretion and delicately give the attention needed for every case.
Types of Compensation in Wrongful Death Cases:
- Pain and suffering endured by the deceased
- Loss of companionship and support
- Medical expenses that caused the death
- Loss of income or benefits that was provided by the deceased
- Funeral and burial expenses
File a Wrongful Death Claim in Nevada
Wrongful death lawsuits or claims are generally filed by family members or beneficiaries of the person who died. When you contact us, our Las Vegas death lawyers will help to determine who in your family may file the wrongful death lawsuit. In some instances, these claims are filed to obtain monetary damages to cover the earnings the deceased person would have provided. Other damages that may be recovered include:
- Expenses associated with the death, such as medical and funeral costs
- Lost benefits, such as insurance, from the death
- Loss of inheritance from an untimely death
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish suffered by the survivor of the deceased
- Loss of companionship, care or protection
- Punitive damages, intended to punish wrongdoers and prevent them from harming others
Experienced Wrongful Death Lawyers in Las Vegas
We understand that families may not know where to turn after the sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one. When choosing a wrongful death lawyer, it is crucial that you look for a law firm that has been the experience and resources needed to litigate even the most complex wrongful death lawsuits.
If you believe that your loved one has suffered a wrongful death, you may be entitled to compensation. We are here to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Contact us to speak with a lawyer.