Workers Compensation and On the Job Injuries
Accidents happen, that is just a fact of life. And given how much time we spend at work, it is no surprise that workplace accidents are a frequent occurrence – for all types of workers. Whether you are a dealer at the casino, at a desk in the office or on a construction site, you may be in danger of being injured in a workplace accident. It is important to remember that you may have the right to workers’ compensation for any type of work-related injury, even one that you may have been unintentionally caused.
Have you been injured on the job as a result of employer negligence? You may be entitled to compensation for your suffering. Employers are responsible for taking all possible appropriate actions toward maintaining a safe work environment. When the chain of safety breaks down, employees such as yourself could be in danger of injury or even loss of life.
Workplace Accidents Can Be Avoided
Employees play a large part in avoiding work related injuries. Recognizing risk factors are a vital part of maintaining proper safety standards on the job.
Risk Factors For Workplace Accidents
- Unqualified employees can inadvertently cause a problem. If you see a reason to question a coworker’s qualifications in a dangerous situation, report the incident to your boss or supervisor. Follow up to make sure that the right people are aware of a potential accident.
- Failure to provide adequate safety equipment can also result in a dangerous situation. Become aware of OSHA’s guidelines to help you recognize the requirements for a safe workplace.
- Failure to maintain machinery is dangerous in any setting. If you see a problem, report it immediately. If the problem has not been resolved, refuse to continue working with the machine. If this causes an issue, call us for help in exercising your rights while insisting on a safe workplace for yourself and fellow workers.
- Improper or inadequate training can lead to injury and death. A most effective tool in the hands of an untrained worker can have devastating results. If you have not been properly trained, or feel uncomfortable running the tools for your job, ask for additional help.
- Drowsy or inattentive workers can be hazardous. If you suspect that a coworker is tired, under the influence of medication or alcohol or just otherwise inattentive for some reason, speak to them or your supervisor. Also, be attentive to your part of the job in the best way you can and avoid workplace injuries whenever possible.
There is no need for you or anyone around you to suffer injury or loss of life because of an employer failure to observe safety protocols.
Workers’ Compensation Attorney Las Vegas
If you are injured on the job, you need to file a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance that provides wage replacement and medical benefits to workers who suffer a work-related injury or illness, regardless of fault. This is a no-fault system, meaning an injured worker does not need to prove that his or her employer or another employee was to blame for the accident in order to recover benefits.
When you have been injured on the job there are steps that you need to take to ensure your rights are protected and that you are compensated correctly.
- Report the injury immediately
- Get medical attention
- Follow medical directions
- Document details of the accident
- Comply with light duty options
Hale Injury Law understands that work-related injuries can cause many burdens for the workers and their families, workers’ compensation benefits are crucial at this time. File a workers’ compensation claim immediately after a workplace accident.
Hurt on the Job? Call Hale Injury Law
Hale Injury Law is an aggressive personal injury law firm devoted to representing accident and injury victims. We strive to obtain the best results for workplace injuries. If you have been injured in a workplace accident, you have rights. Contact us today to discuss your rights and options.